Total Pageviews

January 13, 2007

Jiffy fried rice



Today I woke up and my husband announced that he has to rush for his school. At the same time my 8 month daughter woke up and was hungry for solid. So I had no choice than to jump start myself from only 5 hrs of sleep. What should I make for lunch that cooks in 5 min? Huh,well I had some left over rice and my pantry is full of sauces and icebox full of veggies. Of course , lets do jiffy fried rice. The one thing that I love about leftovers is that you can mould it into anything and it will still taste good, specially rice! Its also the best way to get perfect amount of vegetable serving for picky eaters, like my husband, Pankaj.


I threw in all the produce that I had in my icebox,some sauces and Mrs.Dash spice mix and voilĂ . I was just holding my breath to see his reaction because mushrooms and broccoli are the two things that Pankaj cant stand. But see I chopped mushroom very finely so that they camouflage with cubed potatoes and I finely chopped the broccoli in the food processor. If it was for me I would have also added scrambled egg to it , but its a big "NO" when it come to Pankaj.
He finally said.."I love it!!"

No comments: