Total Pageviews

January 25, 2007

Tawa chicken


Well, I bought these cute little eggplants from Indian grocery store and was so excited to make Masala Baigan ( " Baigan" is for eggplant in Hindi). I was preparing dry masala mix for it and something hit me and I thought of slicing eggplants. It wasn't my lucky day , all the eggplants were already gone bad from inside. Well, what else could I you do. Hummmm.....I had no choice than to throw them away. Next what I did was, took chicken and marinated it with some buttermilk and the masala that I made for my eggplants. After 15 minutes I seared them on very hot Tava ( any flat griddle) and cooked it in preheated oven at 400 F for another 20. Whatever came out, we loved it. I guess it goes very well with naan . I made it even richer by drizzling good amount of cream just when they were out of the oven. Garnish with sliced tomatoes, Onions , and cilantro they are just delish.

No comments: