Marinate 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast pieces with 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder, 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 3 Tbsp of yogurt, and salt. Keep aside for at least one hour.
Take a deep skillet and heat 5 Tbsp canola oil and heat it over medium high heat. Add 1 bay leaf, 1 cinnamon stick ,3 green cardamom and 3 cloves to it. Fry till they leave aroma. Take care not to burn bay leaf. To this add 1 large finely chopped onions. Fry till crisp. Add finely chopped 2 green chillies, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp coriander powder, and 3 tsp chicken masala powder. Fry for few minutes and then add marinated chicken and 2 Tbsp tomato paste. Cook for 10 minutes uncovered. Add water as required and cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes. Garnish with chopped cilantro and sprinkle lemon juice. Serve with naan or jeera rice.
3 comments:
I made Tomato Chicken for JFI too,you missed it at FH , my last post.I agree,it's delicious.We love it too.
Hi there, stumbled upon your blog; I see you are from MN too, I live in Savage. What's Minnesota Desi Women about? I'm interested.
Nice food pics, I'm just learning to cook myself, should take some inspiration from you! :-) And congrats on your marriage/baby.
Hmm how does ur hubbie like law school? I'm *almost* a patent lawyer. Graduated in May '06. 11 month old...lots of busy in your house! Oh brooklyn park is umm near st. paul right? Thanx for going through my blog...too much random stuff there though. ;-)
Post a Comment